Monday, August 18, 2008

ICFAI & my association...

This is my first blog here in IBS, Hyd. Being the lazy bum that i am, finally after a lot of persuasion from my friends & inner motivation( lol), i venture in these waters. I will be writing on different topics.. hope ppl find it readable

I have been one of the main contributors to ICFAI fund, i mean the monetary fund. Having done my engineering from ICFAItech hyderbad, i was gracious enough to again donate to the fund by doing an MBA here. Well it was my dad who wanted me to join Icfaitech as he had been influenced by its brochure & foreign books & hifi teachers and stuff. I did my 12th std in maharashtra and scored 87% which was good to get me the good colleges in Maharashtra as there was no entrance exam & the selection was based on percentage. As i had my friends in Nagpur & my family there, i didnt wanna go. But as my dad wished i entered the unchartered territories of Icfaitech as it was their first year in engineering & so was mine. The college had nothing no big buildings & no campus so as to speak. My hostel was in a place called old alwal & that was a naxalite area. But as i settled it would turn out to be the best 4 years of my life not becoz of the college but because of the friends i made & the masti we did. One thing i would never deny is that to pass in ICFAI is th easiest as you can hardly fail. I bet if i was in any other college i would have had many subjects to repeat. I was totally blessed in that regard becoz i never studied there, except for the last day.. I think i got the most C's ( grade) in engineering among all the students(lol).
After engineering i dropped an year for MBA preparation with a sole objective in mind.. nething but ICFAI. As my dad's finances had been drained out funding a loser in the costliest institution there is for engineering. But as luck would have it , here i am writing in my wonderful single room in IBS, Hyderabad. So ICFAI has been a mentor for me in my crucial years. I am not bashing them but just giving you insights of my thought process. Again in my MBA i have screwed up things the same way as i did in engineering. I knew the system , so i was a bit cocky. But still i have to be among the top guys in worst attendance. I still study at the last moment. Some people never change & never learn.. you know who that guy is..
But ICFAI has given me the best moments of my life which i will cherish forever & i met the most wonderful people in both my Engineering & MBA who have left an indelible imprint on my life. I am sure there wouldnt be another ICFAI experience after MBA... but u never know... looking at my track record nething is possible.

I was a pure brahmin (iyengar) when i came to ICFAI, now i m the most polluted of them, all thanks to chicken, beef, pork, ham, booze & smokes.

14 comments:

R.Eashwar Ramu said...

good start.impressive niru.u have donated money to the icfai fund. i have donated my dad's money right from my schooling. school, engg. , now mba all money grabbing institutions..its all part of life..u have to spend ur dad's money someway or the other..

Unknown said...

u wil find dis blog quite interesting 'n' wid lots of masala...but honestly speaking dis is smthng which may comes in the way of an ICFAIans
'n' no wonder y a kool guy like maddy xpresess whole heartedly his very true 'n' very real feelings
Maddy...yaar u rockz

Niranjan Maddy said...

man the point is that icfai is the costliest.. i have spent 17 lakhs on engg and MBA...lol

thanks eashwar and gannu for ur support.... cheerz

Unknown said...

hey now atleast u have enough experience of ICFAI u can start a rival college of ur own. but after spending so much of ur dad's money look at ur acheivements also u r probably the second most famous guy in the college first one being pointer, u got lots of good friends, girls would do anything for u, and having such a low atendance is a achevement in itself so in short ur not wasting ur dad's money
but life is life it will follow its own path and looking at ur past u might become a faculty here and take advantage of the partial grading system
good luch for the future life dont wanna c u in ICFAI any more afte ur MBA

manan b. said...

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward., How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
(---the awesome Mr. Rocky Balboa---)

nice work niru...i can completely understand the emotions doing rounds in this piece...being the icfai grad. myself! (the late IMC)

but life wouldve been a lot less fun if it wernt for icfai.

cheers to the bitch !!

Niranjan Maddy said...

thanks manan for the balboa quote mate.. it has instilled new vigour in me.. atleast at this moment...
we both will prove our worth come october i say..... cheerz
thanks for ur insight

Unknown said...

Hey Maddy, nice piece of writing yaar, coll ke din aankhon ke saamne aagaye - old alwal hostel, last night studies :-)
A must read article for icfaitech hyd people, and especially for 02batch guys.

As described, you have become financer for the icfai, may God help you in making much more than what you have invested. Keep writing & keep enjoying you life.
Cheers!!!

Lakshmi, In a Tryst with Understanding said...

I have been checking your blog on a constant basis to get some insight into this gal-head of mine on football and et all..... interesting start to your expressions; had fun reading reality , ur wee bit of sarcasm adds to the joy of reading.... u got a fan already :-)

Niranjan Maddy said...

Thanks lakshmi for motivating me & i m in a tryst with understanding too..
kudos to u...the bum is writing

Abhay said...

Honestly stop taking hits and start hitting back !!
Mr. Rocky balboa "could" take those hits but you my friend would be too intoxicated to even swing *lol* !!
Its time to buckle up ..... oh i mean buckle down nd strt giving it back to ICFAI :D !!

Unknown said...

Well i would like to join your gang for draining out my father's money too. :(
Great writing style. do continue, would love to read more of it.

pooja said...

well written mr. new blogger , yar thoda frustration level actual se kam dikhayi de raha hai...:)

ashraf abbas said...

neeru...that was really a good one...but i am a little worried about you...people say u must learn from ur past experience and so on... but it seems that u haven't learned anything from ur tryst with ICFAI tech...otherwise why on the earth would u be here?...is it for ur west indies "hungama" or something else?...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I too donated fund in ICFAI Fund by doing their copycat course CFA the worst course in India. We all should save younger generation of India from Icfai rapine plans. India is being country where people gets easily amazed just by glossy papers the reality behind those glossy is just overlooked.